Getting regular oil changes is easy and can extend the life of your car. Engine oil is one of the most important fluids in your car. It helps keep your engine running smoothly and lubricates engine components. As you drive, oil breaks down and is exposed to contaminants, reducing its lubricating properties.
• Repeated short distance trips. Like to the store or school and back.
• Driving in dusty conditions. Winds often move dust more than we realize.
• Driving in areas where salt or other corrosive materials are being used.
• Extensive use of brakes. Been in rush hour traffic lately?
• Driving on rough or muddy roads.
• Driving in mountainous areas.
• Extended periods of idling or low speed operation. Again, rush hour?
• Driving in a prolonged period of extreme humidity or cold temperatures.
• More than 50% driving in heavy city traffic in above 90 degree weather.
Check your owner’s manual to see what grade and viscosity of oil and change frequency your vehicle needs and occasionally confirm that the oil is at its optimal level. Based on all your combined driving habits, you may need to change the engine oil more frequently (every 4,500-5,000 miles may be more appropriate than the normal 6,000-7,500 miles).
• Better engine performance
• Better gas mileage
• Less harmful emissions
• Extended engine life
And finally, setting a regular oil change maintenance schedule can serve as a benchmark for when other maintenance needs are to be met. Start by scheduling your oil change today at your local Hyundai dealer. They will include a free, quick Multi Point Inspection and perform any needed adjustments as your car ages. You can view local dealer Oil Change offers here.
San Leandro Hyundai - Service & Parts Center
2085 Wayne Ave
San Leandro, CA 94577